Event: within a program are any number of events. An example of an event is ArtBeat 2011. Events occur at a specific time and at a specific location. From a certian program page it is possible to see a list of events within the program.
To create a new event page:
- If this event is part of a program and you have not created the program yet, you might want to do that first.
- On the right side of this page you should see the administration menu. Click on ‘create content’ and then click on ‘Event’
- As you work your way down the page you will need to enter different types of data into the fields. At any time you can click the save button at the bottom of the page to save your work.
- Title: this is the title of the page. Example: ArtBeat 2011
- Menu: configure a menu item by entering a title and selecting the parent item. Setting a weight controls where the menu item sits relative to the other items.
- Body: Body: this is text/html that goes in the main content area of the page. See the section on fckeditor.
- Banner image: upload a banner image.
- URL path: controls where the page is accessed. For example, the url path of this page is "documentation/event". Also controls where a block or menu will display. For example, the documentation menu displays on page where the path begins with ‘documentation’. So if you were creating the program ArtBeat you would want to start the url path with ‘artbeat’. If it’s the homepage of a section it’s a good idea to leave it at one level. For example the main artbeat program page would just be ‘artbeat’. Then an event within that program might be ‘artbeat/2011’.
- Meta tags: Optionally enter keywords, description, etc. for search engine optimization
- Program: optionally, choose a program that the event is linked to
- Set a date and time for the event. The To: date is optional.
- Enter a location.
- Presentations: in order to link the event to presentations you will need to create the presentations first. Once you do, just start typing the title of the presentation in the first empty field and it should pop up.
- Artists: the process of linking artists is similar to that of linking presentations.
- Publishing options: to publish the program to the homepage check off "Promoted to front page". To hide the page from the general public uncheck "published"
When you are done editing the node click the save button at the bottom of the page.