An example of a program is ArtBeat as a whole. A program does not occur at a specific time or place.
To create a new program page:
- On the right side of this page you should see the administration menu. Click on ‘create content’ and then click on ‘Program’
- As you work your way down the page you will need to enter different types of data into the fields. At any time you can click the save button at the bottom of the page to save your work.
- Title: this is the title of the page. Example: ArtBeat
- Menu: configure a menu item by entering a title and selecting the parent item. Setting a weight controls where the menu item sits relative to the other items.
- Body: this is text/html that goes in the main content area of the page. See the section on fckeditor.
- Meta tags: Optionally enter keywords, description, etc. for search engine optimization
- Banner image: upload a banner image
- URL path: controls where the page is accessed. For example, the url path of this page is "documentation/program". Also controls where a block or menu will display. For example, the documentation menu displays on pages where the path begins with ‘documentation’. So if you were creating the program ArtBeat you would want to start the url path with ‘artbeat’. If it’s the homepage of a section it’s a good idea to leave it at one level. For example the main artbeat program page would just be ‘artbeat’. Then an event within that program might be ‘artbeat/2011’.
- Publishing options: to publish the program to the homepage check off "Promoted to front page". To hide the page from the general public uncheck "published"
When you are done editing the node click the save button at the bottom of the page.